The Department of Economics is pleased to announce that applications for its 2018-2019 scholarships are now being accepted. The Department appreciates the generous contributions of our donors who made these scholarships possible. Scholarship amounts range from $1,500 – $5,000 each. The donors have specified particular criteria for many of the awards, however the following information applies to all awards:
- You must be officially declared as an Economics or a Business Economics MAJOR (or you must have completed the prep for one of these MAJORS by 12/14/18).
- You must be a full-time UCLA student for the entire 2018-2019 academic year.
- Recipients are required to write a thank you note to formally accept the award.
- Bios of the recipients will be shown on the Department of Economics Scholarship website to recognize the award recipients.
- Scholarship awards are only for the current academic year. Receiving a scholarship one year does not guarantee a scholarship award the following year.
- The scholarship funds will pay out to each recipient in Winter and Spring quarters.
Please submit the required documents listed below online, via the Message Center, during the Fall quarter.
The application must be completed and submitted online NO LATER THAN Friday, December 14, 2018 at 11:59 pm.
In the subject line – make sure to type “Econ Scholarship Application – 2018-2019 year.”
- A current resume
- A one-page personal statement
- A list of the scholarships for which you are applying
- One or more sentences indicating why you qualify for each scholarship you are applying for
- Your UCLA Degree Audit Report (DAR)
- A proposed budget for the 2018-2019 academic year, detailing your income and expenses. An example of a proposed budget can be found here: https://www.admission.ucla.edu/prospect/budget.htm
- A summary of financial aid awards, loans, scholarships, etc. that you have or will receive during the 2017-2018 academic year (if applicable)
Please be sure to include your FULL NAME and your STUDENT ID NUMBER at the top of Items 2 through 7 above.
Please print the above documents, scan them, and submit ONE pdf for your application.
Please only submit ONE application via the Message Center – even if you wish to be considered for more than one award.
Please note that scholarship recipients will be notified some time in the Winter quarter.
For questions, please contact the Economics Undergraduate Counseling Office via the Message Center
For the list of awards available in the Department, please visit http://economics.ucla.edu/undergraduate/honors-and-scholarships/scholarships/
To see a list of past recipients, please visit http://economics.ucla.edu/undergraduate/departmental-scholarships/past-recipients/