Welcome to the UCLA Department of Economics
The Department of Economics offers two of the most popular majors at UCLA: Economics and Business Economics. These majors train students to think critically about the world around them, and provides a framework in which to analyze human behavior. In doing so, the Department equips our students with a set of theoretical and empirical tools that will prepare them for careers in consulting, finance, and accounting, as well as for graduate degrees in numerous fields.
The undergraduate section of this website contains a great deal of information relevant to the both prospective and current Economics and Business Economics majors. We encourage you to visit this section often for answers to questions about our different majors, our honors program, tutors, scholarship opportunities, and much more.
We encourage current students to:
- Visit our Economics Undergraduate Counseling Office in 2263 Bunche Hall,
- Submit questions to our Undergraduate Counselors via the MyUCLA Message Center,
- Check out the Economics Undergraduate FAQs,
- Review our Economics Undergraduate Handbook,
- Add yourself to the Economics Undergraduate Counseling Listserv,
- Follow us on the Economics Undergraduate Facebook Page.