Welcome to the UCLA Department of Economics
The Department of Economics offers two of the most popular majors at UCLA: Economics and Business Economics. These majors train students think critically about the world around them, and provides a framework in which to analyze human behavior. In doing so, we equip our students with a set of theoretical and empirical tools that will prepare them for careers in consulting, finance and accounting, as well as for graduate degrees in many fields.
This site contains a great deal of information relevant to the both prospective and current economics majors. We encourage you to visit it often for answers to your questions about our different majors, honors programs, tutors, scholarship opportunities, and much more.
We encourage current students to
- Visit our Economics Undergraduate Counseling Office in 2263 Bunche Hall,
- Submit questions to our Counselors via the MyUCLA Message Center,
- Check out the Economics Undergraduate FAQ,
- Review our Economics Undergraduate Handbook,
- Add yourself to the Economics Undergraduate Counseling Listserv,
- Follow us on Facebook.