Welcome to the UCLA Department of Economics
The counselors in the UCLA Department of Economics Undergraduate Counseling Office advise current students on the requirements for the Economics and the Business Economics majors, enrollment in Economics courses, program planning for a double major, advice about studying abroad, scholarships, and referrals to various resources on the campus. The counselors also coordinate events for prospective and current students such as Bruin Day for admitted students, new student advising sessions in the summer, and commencement. For general program planning and questions about the College and University requirements, students should meet with a counselor in the College.
To speak with an academic counselor in the College or in one of the professional schools, please click here.
How to Reach an Undergraduate Counselor
Please click below for information on how to meet with an Economics Undergraduate Counselor.
We are also pleased to announce that we are now STEM Certified. In particular, the Bachelor of Arts in Economics and the Bachelor of Arts in Business Economics have been reclassified as STEM majors (CIP Code 45.0603: Econometrics and Quantitative Economics). This change is in effect for students with a Degree Expected Term of Fall Quarter 2019 or later. It does not apply retroactively. Also note that the degree designation remains a Bachelor of Arts for the Economics and Business Economics majors.
We Encourage Students To….
- Speak with a counselor in the Economics Undergraduate Counseling Office,
- Switch to one of our majors or pre-majors by submitting the Change of Major request form to us online,
- Submit questions to our Undergraduate Counselors via the MyUCLA Message Center,
- Check out the Economics Undergraduate FAQs,
- Review our Economics Undergraduate Handbook,
- Add yourself to the Economics Undergraduate Counseling Listserv,
- Review the Economics Packet for Admitted Freshmen Students,
- Review the Economics Packet for Admitted Transfer Students.