Kristy Guan

Professor Harry Simons Endowed Undergraduate Scholarship For The Study Of Accounting Recipient

Biography: Kristy Guan is a sophomore majoring in business economics and minoring in accounting at UCLA. She has always been interested in business and finance and interned at different places. From different internships and deals she’s been working with, she learned that accounting is an integral part of any business. She also found herself enjoying looking at financial statements of different public and private companies. She is honored to be selected for this scholarship and will be using this scholarship granted by Professor Harry Simons subjects related to accounting and business in the coming quarters.

Future Plans: In the short term, she will continue to explore more about business and accounting in the coming summer in 2022 and 2023. This coming summer, she will be attending trainings in Florida with KPMG. Spending a week with the KPMG professionals to learn more about accounting. She also received an EY internship offer for tax practice in 2023, preparing to establish a strong background in tax regulations in help with future needs. In the long term, she plans to use her accounting foundation to establish her own business and help with clients in private equity. She will also use the skills and knowledge she learns to give back to the society and help with anyone in needs.

What does this scholarship mean to me? This scholarship will help me tremendously in achieving my career and educational goals. I would like to thank my benefactor from the bottom of my heart and I will always be grateful for it. I have been working hard to get here as a first-generation college student, so I will use this scholarship wisely to better equipped myself with a variety of knowledge. I have strong drive and vision for my future and hope to learn more with this scholarship and make an impact to the world. This scholarship genuinely means everything to me and I am beyond honored to be receiving it. Thank you.