Jacquline Ruan

Professor Harry Simons Endowed Undergraduate Scholarship for the Study of Accounting Recipient

Biography: Jacquline Ruan is a third-year Business Economics major with a minor in Accounting and a concentration in Value Investing. She is a Peer Learning Facilitator (PLF) for MGMT 1B and was the Director of the Finance Committee in Bruin Women in Business for the 2020-2021 academic year. Jacquline is also in Alpha Phi Omega, UCLA’s co-ed community service fraternity, as well as UCLA UniCamp, the university’s official student charity. During her free time, Jacquline enjoys trying to cook authentic Chinese food in her apartment, watching horror movies (with friends), and playing spike ball with on campus.

Future Plans: Last summer, Jacquline had the opportunity to intern at SBJ, a private equity firm in the Bay Area, through the Small Business Investing Scholars Program. This summer, she will be interning as an Investment Analyst Intern at Angeles Investments in Santa Monica. Jacquline hopes to continue to explore different career paths in the finance industry through various internships in the buy-side before graduating and plans to pursue an MBA after gaining a few years of work experience.

What does the scholarship mean to me? I am extremely grateful and honored to have been awarded the Professor Harry Simons Endowed Undergraduate Scholarship for the Study of Accounting this academic year. The scholarship provides me the opportunity to focus more of my time on classes as well as on and off campus involvements as this award will alleviate some stress from worrying about finances. I am so thankful to both the donors of the scholarship as well as the department for giving me the support to continue to pursue my academic and career goals.