The Department of Economics is pleased to announce that applications for its 2016-2017 scholarships are now being accepted. The Department appreciates the generous contributions of our donors. Scholarship amounts range from $1,500 – $5,000 each. The application must be completed and submitted by October 28, 2016. The donors have individual criteria for each award; however, the following information applies to all awards:
- You must be officially in a Department of Economics major or pre-major.
- You must be a full-time UCLA student for the entire 2016-2017 academic year.
- Recipients are required to write a thank you note to formally accept the award.
- Bios of the recipients will be shown on the Department of Economics Scholarship website to recognize the award recipients.
- Scholarship awards are only for the current academic year. Receiving a scholarship one year does not guarantee a scholarship award the following year.
Please submit the required documents listed below online, via the Message Center, during the Fall quarter.
In the subject line – make sure to type “Econ Scholarship Application.”
- A current resume
- A one-page personal statement
- A proposed budget for the 2016-2017 academic year. An example of a proposed budget can be found here: https://www.admission.ucla.edu/prospect/budget.htm
- A summary of financial aid awards and amounts you have or will receive during the 2016-2017 academic year (if applicable)
- Your UCLA DARS report. If you have a DPR, you will need to scan the copy you receive from your general counseling unit.
- A list of your Economics and Management courses taken at UCLA
Please print the above documents, scan them, and submit one pdf for your application.
Please only submit ONE application via the Message Center – even if you wish to be considered for multiple awards.
Please note that scholarship recipients will be notified some time in the Winter quarter.
For the list of awards available in the Department, please visit http://economics.ucla.edu/undergraduate/honors-and-scholarships/scholarships/
To see a list of past recipients, please visit http://economics.ucla.edu/undergraduate/departmental-scholarships/past-recipients/