Danwei Chen

2016 Robert D. & Margaret A. Wark Memorial Scholarship Recipient

Biography: Danwei Chen is a third-year student at UCLA pursuing a major in Economics and minor in Accounting. Having completed elementary through high school in Wisconsin, she is enjoying discovering all that Los Angeles has to offer. Danwei currently works for the Laurence and Lori Fink Center for Finance & Investments within the UCLA Anderson Graduate School of Management, where she has learned much about the finance industry. She is passionate about community involvement and serves as Vice President-Operations of Colleges Against Cancer at UCLA, the collegiate extension of the American Cancer Society. Danwei recently studied abroad at the London School of Economics, during which time she took courses in finance and economics and fostered her passions for travel and global cultures. She also likes to spend time hiking, playing/watching tennis, and trying new foods.

Future Plans: Danwei is excited about the applications of her education and is working towards a career in finance. This summer, she will be completing a Summer Analyst position at Pacific Alternative Asset Management Company in Irvine, California. She hopes to work full-time in the investment management field upon graduation and eventually pursue a Master’s in Business Administration.

What does the scholarship mean to me?: I feel incredibly honored to be selected as a recipient of the Robert D. and Margaret A. Wark Memorial Scholarship. I am extremely grateful to the Wark Family for their generosity in supporting my education. With this scholarship, I’m able to focus more time and effort on academic, professional, and extracurricular pursuits. I’m touched by the Wark Family’s giving values and hope to someday pay it forward to future generations of Bruins. In the meantime, I will strive to honor this recognition by continuing to work hard in the remainder of my time at UCLA and the start of my career.